The Heelflip is another great basic trick that every skater should have in his or her bag. The concept of this trick is similar to a kickflip, only you flick wi…
About the Author
After the ollie, frontside 180’s are likely going to be the next step on your skateboarding adventure. Check out our step by step guide as well as our video where Jarvis takes you through the Frontside 180. See all the SW How To’s or YouTube for more answers to your skateboarding questions.
1. Set your feet up in ollie position, but hang your toes slightly off the edge of your board.
2. Wind your shoulders up for the rotation. Wind to the right if you’re regular and to the left if you’re goofy.
3. Start turning your shoulders frontside as you pop to begin the rotation. As you’re turning in the air suck your knees up.
4. When you come around to 90 degrees prepare for your landing, start leading your body and momentum with your back foot and keep your weight evenly distributed. If you don’t think your going to make the full rotation, land front truck first and slide your board the rest of the way.
5. Try to land bolts and let your body complete the rotation. Ride away clean!
Frontside 180’s are a great trick to take to the streets and a basic stepping-stone for limitless tricks. Get out there and give it a shot, don’t give up and go skate! See all the SW How To’s or YouTube for more answers to your skateboarding questions.