The Heelflip is another great basic trick that every skater should have in his or her bag. The concept of this trick is similar to a kickflip, only you flick wi…
About the Author
The kickflip is one of the most desired tricks in skateboarding, and for good reason. While it may seem simple, it is a difficult trick to master. Use these steps we’ve put together here at Skate Warehouse to help learn how to kickflip and get ‘em on lock!
This is a trick every skater should have in their bag, and there’s a lot to be said for doing it well. Keep at it, get out there and go skate!
1. While riding forward at a moderate speed place your front foot just behind the bolts, either square with your board or slightly angled. Place your back foot wherever feels most comfortable.
2. Pop like you would an ollie. As you slide your front foot forward flick it off the edge of the board right in the concave pocket where your nose begins to curve (see image below). This will cause the board to flip, leveling it out to set up for the catch.
3. As you pop and flick your trick, suck your knees up and prepare to catch your board.
4. Catch the trick with your back foot and bring your front foot back to the board.
5. Try to land bolts and ride away clean!