Tag Archives: giveaway
“Started in 2009, The Killing Floor is a company based out of the pacific northwest. Heavily influenced by old blues, jazz, classic rock and the simpler times when skateboarding was purely an individual’s creative outlet and form of self expression, before modern media and pop culture sank its bloody fangs into it. The idea behind it is that skateboarding is not a sport, it’s an art form. It can’t be owned or controlled by corporations, it’s bigger than that and were all a part of it.” – The Killing Floor
The Killing Floor wants to reward one lucky skate nerd with a killer prize package. Correctly answer the questions below and send them off in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “TKF” in the subject line, and this could be yours.
1. In Trilogy, what trick does Jason Dill do down Hubba Hideout, and which of the three companies featured in Trilogy did he ride for?
2. What 3 skateboarders from Philly share a part in Dan Wolfe’s retrospective video Closure
3. In Toy Machine’s Welcome To Hell, Ed Templeton boardslides around a curved bar that circles a fountain. Where is that spot located?
4. Who was the first person to do a trick down Wallenber, what trick was it and what video was it in?
5. San Francisco’s Trevor Prescott (RIP) made an independent VHS video in 2002 called “Interaction” featuring 16 different skateboarders. Name 5 of the skaters featured in that video.
Answers must be submitted by 7/16 to email@example.com in order to be eligible to win, make sure to include “TKF” in the subject line. Those who answer all 5 questions correctly will be entered into a drawing and the winner will be chosen at random. Good luck NERDS!
etnies launched their new website for the Tyler Bledsoe contest. Winners make out with a signed Bledsoe Lows and the original Polaroids of Tyler you see there above. Two additional winners will be selected to win signed Alien Workshop MK Ultra and Solo Series decks.
Check out Skate’s etnies collection, HERE.